Friday, October 10, 2008

Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but memories.

Leaving On A Jet Plane - CHANTAL KREVIAZUK
Well, Graduation day today, you may have noticed I've not been blogging, less than usual, even though I had a lot to say during the time between the latest post to this. Day started off alright, receiving a certificate for my distinction in Australian Mathematics competition, I may have slapped the principal's hand a little too hard when I when to shook it. After our morning assembly, we were brought to the hall to be briefed for the upcoming examinations, and to watch the video and picture dedications from each class. Personally, Ben's slide show was a lot better than I have expected, but I found the 5A1's to be very well done. After everything, we left the hall saying our final goodbyes to the teachers, a lot of tears were shed, and hugs were exchanged with the teachers who have helped us grow for the past five years. We went up to where our class was held in for the majority of the year, and I willingly took photos for the occasion, dozens of them, after all, it was a special day to end a special year. This year passed by so quickly, I still remember the first week of school vividly. And now, we're about to say goodbye to one another, so to Class 5A2, I have a message for all of you.

All of us have known each other for three, or five years, some more, some less, but the bond we have developed over the past half a decade or so would probably be the strongest we will develop in our entire lives, after this year, we would be free from this education system, and in our junior colleges or polytechnic institutes, we would just be individuals. We will no longer have this 'family' that we call 5A2. We should not remember our time together for the bad memories, we should not remember it for the good memories, we should remember our time together for everything, because, personally, I wouldn't change a damn thing about it, except to make it longer. I hope some of us can keep in touch after we finish our exams and after we receive our results. I emphasize, some of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home